Senior Ethics and Compliance Specialist
GAME ON – OLG needs you
We said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering exceptional gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery and land-based casino channels. In our 2019-20 fiscal year alone, OLG achieved over $2.3 billion in net profits in the province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding its horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a global leader in gaming entertainment with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a Senior Ethics and Compliance Specialist to be responsible for implementing activities within the Ethics and Compliance Framework (“ framework”) to monitor and report on business conduct and regulatory compliance. . Concretely, you will:
- Implement risk-based monitoring and oversight responsibilities for regulatory obligations, including monitoring compliance with the Ontario Public Service Act and OLG’s Code of Business Conduct.
- Respond to inquiries related to business conduct and regulatory risks, effectiveness of controls and achievement of compliance results
- Support and advance Compliance and Investigations (CI) through the analysis of large datasets to assess the impacts of investigation initiatives and support the development of dashboards/reports to drive operational efficiency, development priorities and regulatory compliance.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Director of the Ethics and Compliance Program Office, you will also be empowered to:
- Support the development and continually improve methodologies, processes, operational procedures, control activities, guidance, tools and technology to provide a best-in-class ethics and compliance framework. This responsibility includes performing quality assurance and managing projects to drive continuous improvement.
- Support the development and delivery of a training program related to ethics and compliance to promote ethical conduct and raise awareness of regulatory obligations, trends and developments.
- Support the delivery of various operational ethics and compliance programs such as regulatory leads and conflict of interest programs (including gift acceptance and insider trading and tip prevention programs) and the recording frame.
- Support the Senior Director to complete regulatory reporting by collecting and evaluating data from multiple sources to ensure compliance with Registrar standards and ILC.
- Provide ongoing user and configuration support for compliance and investigation technology solutions.
- Collaborate with other compliance teams to perform regulatory compliance risk assessments to generate annual risk-based risk profiles, insights and monitoring plans that inform monitoring and testing activities.
- Execute monitoring, testing and issue management activities for the assigned portfolio to report on business conduct/compliance and ensure risk mitigation within acceptable tolerances.
- Perform data analysis and collaborate with lines of business, shared services and departmental partners to provide insights into business conduct/risks and regulatory trends to deliver business solutions.
- Contribute to the preparation and delivery of periodic ethics and compliance governance reports to inform management of the state of compliance and business conduct across OLG. This will include the development of relevant department parameters.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Professional experience: 2-3 years of business experience with OLG preferred; experience in business conduct/ethics, governance, regulatory compliance, risk management, audit, investigations or related experience in a regulated environment
Education: Post-secondary university or college diploma (or equivalent)
Knowledge and understanding: Knowledge of industry standards, Gaming Control Act, Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation Act and related regulations/guidelines, including AGCO requirements/standards; understanding of ethics/compliance frameworks, how data mining works and applying analytics, including large and diverse data sets, identifying relationships, trends and opportunities is an asset
Critical Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (including Microsoft Power BI, Dynamics), mapping software (such as ArtMap), client and case management systems, IQS; proven ability to think strategically to contribute to process optimization, including but not limited to turning knowledge into action, mapping/identifying opportunities, identifying data-driven solutions; excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills; superior relationship management and influencing skills; effective verbal and written communication skills with accuracy and attention to detail; strong decision-making and critical thinking skills
Cooperation and fun: inclusive and collaborative working style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and Trust: do what is right and operate with transparency and openness
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATES:
- AGCO Category 1 Gaming Assistant Registration (initiated at offer stage – employment is conditional on obtaining and maintaining this license)
BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
Part of a larger image: socially responsible company that returns all profits to the province and the people of Ontario
Flexible work environment: to help balance work and life
You count: family-friendly work practices and remote work
Freedom to innovate: supports new and better ways to succeed
Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
Learning galore: 24/7 access to robust online learning programs
Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a large defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Ontario government
Variable compensation program: performance-based incentives to share our success
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s goal is to contribute to a better Ontario by providing great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion dollar organization with a wide range of business lines including lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horse racing and charitable gaming. OLG is in the midst of a massive transformation to become customer obsessed and take our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be built on real, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity and openness in everything we do. We support and empower employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family-friendly work practices, including remote work.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone of our values of respect, integrity, stewardship and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their insights and skills for the benefit of the people and the province of Ontario.
As we reshape and grow our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose and ensuring our business delivers meaningful results. benefits for Ontarians. OLG’s net profits are reinvested in the province, contributing to the quality of life of Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG, visit our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested candidates should apply online by March 10, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] if you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.