Regency Centers issue an annual corporate responsibility
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., June 07, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Today, Regency Centers Corporation (“Regency” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: REG) announced the release of its annual report on corporate responsibility. The report illustrates Regency’s continued commitment to corporate responsibility, as well as key environmental, social and governance initiatives and achievements. The report can be viewed on the Regency Corporate Responsibility website.
“Leadership in corporate responsibility has always been a cornerstone of Regency’s corporate strategy and culture; we strive to do good while doing good. Even throughout the challenges of 2020, we have remained true to our commitment, ”said Lisa Palmer, President and CEO. “In 2020, we advanced our diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, continued to focus on renewing our board of directors, and enhanced our environmental sustainability program; while supporting our people and our tenants through the difficult and tragic events of the past year. Our commitment to ESG leadership will only grow from here. “
The report provides updated data supporting our corporate responsibility efforts, progress in achieving goals and the steps the Company is taking to further diversify its workforce. In addition, it contains responses aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDG), the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), the Climate-Related Financial Disclosures Working Group (TCFD), and the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), implementing best practices. in corporate responsibility reports. The report highlights Regency’s annual accomplishments and its continued commitment to its four pillars of corporate responsibility: our people, our communities, ethics and governance, and environmental stewardship.
Regency aims to maintain a high level of employee engagement with an overall engagement score of 85% or higher while maintaining our award-winning benefits and wellness plans and an emphasis on diversity initiatives. .
- Employee engagement target achieved with 87% engagement
- Reduces our gender pay gap to virtually zero (only a difference of 1.58%)
- Provided an average of 24 hours of training per employee and ensured that 100% of employees receive regular reviews of their performance and career development
- Development and implementation of our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DCI) strategy
Regency strives to help improve our communities through a high level of engagement and investment, including philanthropic efforts.
- Along with employees, contributed approximately $ 1.5 million to charitable causes
- Increase in employee participation in our annual Centraide campaign to 97%, up from 95% in 2019
- Implementation of a new program to allow employees to participate in the selection of recipients of company contributions
- Continuing to implement best practices in property management, supporting our tenants and communities during the pandemic through technology and on-site support
Ethics and governance
As long-term custodians of our investors’ capital, we are committed to world-class corporate governance. To create long-term value for our stakeholders, we place great importance on our culture and core values, the integrity and transparency of our reporting practices, and our overall governance structure with respect to concerns oversight and shareholder rights.
- Continuing to improve our board of directors through board refresh and succession planning
- Achieved the best ISS governance quality score of 1
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of our business continuity management, ensuring that we meet our commitments and ensure the safety of our employees throughout the global pandemic
Regency focuses on six strategic priorities to identify and implement sustainable business practices and minimize our environmental impact: green building, energy efficiency, reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, water conservation, waste management and climate resilience.
- Awarded a GRESB Green Star for the sixth consecutive year
- Carrying out a solid analysis of the risk and opportunity scenarios linked to climate change TCFD
- Exceeded our targets for greenhouse gas emissions, energy efficiency and waste management
- Increase in the number of electric vehicle charging stations to 491 in 82 of our properties
About Regency Centers Corporation (NASDAQ: REG)
Regency Centers is the nationwide leading owner, operator and developer of shopping malls located in affluent suburban and infill commercial areas. Our portfolio includes successful properties marketed with highly productive, premier grocers, restaurants, service providers and retailers who connect to their neighborhoods, communities and customers. Operating as a fully integrated real estate company, Regency Centers is a qualified real estate investment trust (REIT) that is self-directed, self-directed and a member of the S&P 500 Index. For more information, please visit RegencyCenters.com.
Certain statements in this document regarding financial, business, legal or other results or plans, including statements relating to Regency’s future financial or operational events, actions or performance or results, are “forward-looking statements” made in accordance with the provisions of the safe harbor. of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and other federal securities laws. While we believe these forward-looking statements are reasonable when made, forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, events or plans, and such statements should not be relied on unduly. Although we believe that the expectations reflected in forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, we cannot guarantee that these expectations will be achieved, and it is possible that actual results, events or plans will differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements. . statements due to various risks and uncertainties.
904 598 7616