Prosecution rests in murder trial + code of ethics complaint
Hello, people of Buffalo! It’s me again, Sean Peek, your Buffalo Daily host.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Rather cloudy all day. High: 58 Low: 47.
Here are the best stories today in Buffalo:
- The accusation rested Southern buffalo trial for the murder of a man, allowing the defense team to begin their case and bring witnesses to the stand. The suspect, Shane Casado, faces a second degree murder charge for the death of his ex-girlfriend in November 2018, aged 22 Rachael Wierzbicki. The trial is expected to last around a week and resumes at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday (WGRZ.com)
- A complaint regarding the code of ethics has been filed regarding the use of Buffalo Police Officers in the “Brown for Buffalo” campaign announcement. The announcement, sponsored by the “Brown for Buffalo” campaign, complaints Mayor of Buffalo, Democratic candidate India Walton plans to lay off 100 Buffalo Police Officers as part of her public safety plan if she is elected in November. The Ethics Council has two weeks to respond. (WKBW-TV)
- One person died after his vehicle left the road at Smith Street – Fillmore Avenue on the exit ramp I-190 South and overturned Wednesday afternoon. (WIVB.com – News 4)
- Buffalo Mercy Hospital suspend Labor and delivery services at the hospital from 7 a.m. on Wednesday because of the preparations underway in the event of a strike by unionized workers. (WKBW-TV)
- Construction underway of a $ 29 million affordable and supervised housing project in Buffalo. (Niagara Frontier Publications)
today Buffalo Daily is brought to you by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today in Buffalo:
- Still not sure what to expect during your baby’s photoshoot? (9:00 a.m.)
- 9 things to consider before your family photography session (9:00 am)
- 7 things you should keep in mind for a maternity photoshoot (9:00 am)
Showcase your local business here in the newsletter for just $ 79 / month. Click here to find out more.
Please follow and stay informed! I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow with another update. If you notice these newsletters, consider engaging some of your friends and neighbors. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Sean peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur who graduated in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist and marketing manager for various digital media companies. He is currently the co-owner and operator of the content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.