Dada publishes its first ESG R
SHANGHAI, China, June 30, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Dada Nexus Limited (“Dada” or the “Company”) (DADA), China’s leading local on-demand delivery and retail platform, has today published its first ESG report. The report details the Company’s key initiatives and developments in areas related to environmental, social and corporate governance issues.
Based on the results of the materiality assessment, the Company identified the most material ESG issues to its business and its stakeholders, and summarized six key themes in the report. To view the full report, please visit the ESG section on the company’s IR website at https://ir.imdada.cn/corporate/environmental-social-and-governance. Highlights of the company’s ESG efforts and performance include:
- Board diversity: The Company has a diverse board structure with over 57% female directors and experienced directors across a wide range of industries and expertise.
- Fight against corruption : Offline business ethics training covered 2,230 employees and online training covered 100% of employees in 2021. The Company’s anti-corruption efforts are recognized by both employees and partners .
- Reinforcement of cybersecurity: The Company did not record any major cybersecurity incidents in 2021. The proper functioning of the cybersecurity management system provides a solid foundation for business continuity and security.
- Improve the ESG governance structure: The Company strengthened the overall responsibility of the Board of Directors on ESG issues in 2021 and developed an ESG strategy in line with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Human resources development
- A quality and diversified talent pool: In 2021, 1,482 new employees joined the Company, more than 40% of them women.
- Improve employee skills: In 2021, various training courses concerned 100% of employees. The Company’s “Dadao Learning Hub” e-learning platform offers more than 600 courses that employees can access at any time.
- Virtuous Knowledge Sharing Ecosystem: In 2021, the Company recognized approximately 150 employees as “Sharing Stars”, who created sharing content of more than 17,000 minutes.
- Multi-channel employee communications: At the end of 2021, the Company signed collective agreements with approximately 70% of its employees, protecting the rights and interests of employees in all their aspects.
Quality products and services
- Implementation of the protection of personal information: In 2021, the Company conducted training programs related to the protection of personal information covering 100% of employees. JDDJ and Dada Now apps are upgraded to comply with regulations.
- Ensuring the quality of the execution service: In the fourth quarter of 2021, the realization rate of Dada Now’s intra-city delivery services exceeded 95%.
- Enrich supplies and expand geographic coverage: In 2021, the number of active retail stores on JDDJ was approximately 150,000, covering 1,800 cities and counties.
- Respond to user comments and complaints: In 2021, the Company processed 920,000 user complaint files, 100% of after-sales service complaints settled.
- Establishment of a mechanism to protect customers during a special period: In 2021, the Company dynamically adapted customer service capacity in response to the impact of the epidemic and floods, to ensure the response rate and timeliness of customer service.
- Explore technological innovations: In 2021, the company has actively engaged in cooperation with industry partners and achieved innovative achievements such as the launch of “Dada Autonomous Delivery Open Platform”.
- Engage in new forms of employment: In 2021, Dada Now added over 3 million registered runners. The following month, the retention rate of active crowdsourced runners held steady at over 80%.
- Improve driver health and safety protection: In 2021, the Company delivered more than 1.5 million online training sessions to riders, while actively preparing for the workers’ compensation insurance pilot program.
- Empower the retailer with digital tools: By the end of 2021, the company’s Haibo system had been deployed in 6,000 retail chains, greatly improving the efficiency of merchants’ O2O operations.
- Expand brand cooperation through digital marketing innovations: In 2021, the Company directly partnered with 215 brands, up 38% year-over-year.
- Promote industry development: The Company’s efficient local retail model and on-demand delivery network help ensure basic living needs, promote growth and stabilize employment. The Company also opens up its digital solutions to improve the overall efficiency of the industry.
Promoting the “green” philosophy
- Responding to climate change: In 2021, the Company identified and assessed the risks and opportunities related to climate change, laying the foundations for a low-carbon transformation.
- Committed to green packaging: In 2021, almost 80% of the packaging materials supplied by JDDJ were biodegradable, covering more than 70% of orders on JDDJ.
- Low-carbon operations throughout the value chain: The Company is adopting low-carbon delivery methods while continuing to optimize delivery routes. In 2021, orders delivered by electric vehicles accounted for nearly 100% of total intra-city and last-mile delivery orders. At the same time, the company provided a number of digital solutions to improve work efficiency and thereby help reduce carbon emissions in upstream warehousing and order picking operations.
- Foster a green office culture: In 2021, the Company launched a light-off campaign to turn off the light in the office for one hour at noon, resulting in a 4% reduction in electricity consumption.
Offer social values
- Ensure the education and well-being of children: In 2021, the Society launched the “Guardianship Program” and the “Waiting for a Good Book – Project Squirrel” to promote the healthy growth of children.
- Meeting social needs in a timely manner: In 2021, as a key business designated by local governments to ensure supply in areas affected by the pandemic, the Company has embarked on various initiatives to meet consumer needs while supporting merchants.
- Providing humanitarian aid in the event of a disaster: In 2021, the company supported flood-affected groups in Henan Province, including cutting commissions to help merchants resume business and taking a series of protective measures to protect the health and safety of passengers. .
- Promote digital inclusion: In 2021, the company actively engaged in an age-friendly and barrier-free design for the JDDJ app, which passed MIIT evaluation in January 2022. From January to May 2022, the average number of monthly visits of JDDJ’s senior edition reached around 200,000, with total orders exceeding 120,000 and GMV around 20 million RMB.
Dada is a leading local on-demand retail and delivery platform in China. It operates JDDJ, one of China’s largest local on-demand retail platforms for retailers and brand owners, and Dada Now, a leading local on-demand delivery platform open to merchants and individual shippers in various sectors and product categories. The Company’s two platforms are interconnected and mutually beneficial. The Dada Now platform enables a better delivery experience for participants on the JDDJ platform through its easily accessible fulfillment solutions and strong on-demand delivery infrastructure. Meanwhile, the vast volume of on-demand delivery orders for the JDDJ platform is increasing the order volume and density for the Dada Now platform.
For more information, please visit https://ir.imdada.cn/.
This press release contains statements that may constitute “forward-looking” statements under the “safe harbor” provisions of the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements may be identified by terms such as “will ‘, ‘expects’, ‘anticipates’, ‘aims’, ‘future’, ‘intends’, ‘plans’, ‘believes’, ‘estimates’, ‘is likely to’ and similar statements. Among other things, quotes in this announcement contain forward-looking statements. Dada may also make written or oral forward-looking statements in its periodic reports to the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”), in its annual report to shareholders, in press releases and other written materials and in oral statements made by its officers, directors or employees to third parties. Statements that are not historical facts, including statements about Dada’s beliefs, plans and expectations, are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. A number of factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, the following: Dada’s strategies; the future business development, financial condition and results of operations of Dada; Dada’s ability to maintain its relationship with key strategic investors; its ability to provide efficient on-demand delivery services and provide a quality on-demand retail experience; its ability to maintain and improve the recognition and reputation of its brands; general economic and business conditions globally and in China and assumptions underlying or relating to any of the foregoing. Further information regarding these and other risks is included in Dada’s filings with the SEC. All information provided in this press release is as of the date of this press release, and Dada undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements except as required by applicable law.
For investor inquiries, please contact:
Dada Nexus Limited
Mrs Caroline Dong
E-mail: [email protected]
Mr. René Vanguestaine
Phone: +86-178-1749 0483
E-mail: [email protected]
Mrs. Linda Bergkamp
E-mail: [email protected]
For media inquiries, please contact:
Dada Nexus Limited
E-mail: [email protected]